This simple, one-bowl skillet cake features our Strawberry Hibiscus oolong tea, making it the perfect cake for afternoon tea on the porch or a summer weekend brunch.
Strawberry Hibiscus Skillet Cake
- 1 tablespoon Tea Forté Strawberry Hibiscus loose leaf tea
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled & quartered, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Butter a 9-inch cast-iron skillet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the loose leaf tea & butter. Continuously stir until the butter is fully melted. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes, then strain into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla into the mixing bowl with the strained tea butter. Beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder & salt and beat until the batter comes together. Then fold in the strawberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared skillet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake bounces back to the touch. Top with additional berries, slice & serve!
Yield: One 9-inch cake, approximately 8 servings.
More recipes you may enjoy
Enjoy the aroma of bergamot in this sweet breakfast loaf enhanced with currants and apricots. Pairs perfectly with a cup of Earl Grey.
Create fluffy, buttery scones infused with your favorite loose tea.