Cut through the morning fog with a steaming tea latte. Our version includes a dusting of cinnamon, making this a daily delight on the most dismal of days. Photo courtesy of lifestyle photographer Olena Hassell. Find all her photos @naughtyteas
London Fog Latte
- 1 Tea Forté Earl Grey pyramid infuser, or 1 tsp of Earl Grey loose tea
- 5 oz boiling water
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Amber Tea Sugar, or granulated cane sugar
- 4 oz steamed milk with foam
- dash of cinnamon
- Unwrap infuser and place in a mug. If using loose tea, place tea in a infuser basket and place into your cup.
- Pour 5 oz of boiling water over the tea and steep 3-5 minutes. If using loose tea, remove and discard tea leaves and before moving on to Step 3. If using a pyramid infuser, leave in your cup through Step 4 and remove whenever the desired strength is reached.
- Add vanilla extract, then stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Top with steamed milk and foam. Add a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Yield: One 9 oz serving
Variations: For the more classic version, omit the cinnamon. Want something more floral? Try adding a pinch of lavender while steeping. Love coffee and tea? Add a shot of espresso for a 'London Smog'.
More recipes you may enjoy