Cut through the morning fog with a steaming tea latte. Our version includes a dusting of cinnamon, making this a daily delight on the most dismal of days. Photo courtesy of lifestyle photographer Olena Hassell. Find all her photos @naughtyteas
London Fog Latte
- 1 Tea Forté Earl Grey pyramid infuser, or 1 tsp of Earl Grey loose tea
- 7 oz boiling water
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 crystals of Amber Tea Sugar (or 1/8 tsp granulated cane sugar)
- 2 oz steamed milk with foam
- dash of cinnamon
- Place pyramid tea infuser or loose tea in a teacup or mug.
- Pour 7 oz of boiling water over the tea leaves and steep 3-5 minutes. If using a pyramid infuser, leave in your cup through Step 5 and remove whenever the desired strength is reached. If using loose tea, strain out the tea leaves and discard and before moving on to Step 3.
- Add vanilla extract and sugar and stir.
- Top with steamed milk and foam. Add a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Variations: For the more classic version, omit the cinnamon. Want something more floral? Try adding a pinch of lavender while steeping. Love coffee and tea? Add a shot of espresso for a 'London Smog'.
Yields: One 9oz tea latte
More recipes you may enjoy