Tea Forté’s Sweet Orange Spice Tea gives you all the feels of being hugged by the warming flavors of winter. Using this tea elevates the flavor of this cranberry compote to make a very elegant appetizer for any holiday event.
Sweet Orange Cranberry Brie Crostini
- 2 tablespoons Tea Forté Sweet Orange Spice loose leaf tea, or 3-4 pyramid infusers*
- 1¼ cup filtered water
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 french baguette, sliced on the bias, in 1/4 inch slices
- olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 8 oz brie, thinly sliced
- orange zest
- Make the compote: In a medium-sized pot, bring the water to a boil and remove from heat. Add the loose leaf tea or pyramid infusers and steep for 6 minutes, covered. When done steeping, strain out the tea leaves with fine mesh strainer and discard, reserving the liquid in the pot.
- Dice the granny smith apple into ½ inch cubes with skin on.
- Combine with all the compote ingredients, except the chia seeds into the pot with the steeped tea liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer until compote thickens, about 20 minutes. While stirring, crush cranberries to break them down. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the chia seeds and allow to fully cool to room temperature. Pro Tip: This compote can be a few days ahead of time and refrigerated if needed.
- Make the crostini: Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove crostini from oven and top each with a slice of brie. Place back in the oven to melt the cheese, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Once melted, remove from oven and immediately top each crostini with Sweet Orange Cranberry Compote and fresh orange zest. Enjoy!
Yield: 12 servings
If you don't have our loose leaf tea, you can substitute several Sweet Orange Spice tea infusers from our Warming Joy Presentation Box, or loose leaf pouches from our Warming Joy Single Steeps® Sampler.
More recipes you may enjoy
A seasonal twist on cinnamon rolls, the dough features Sweet Orange Spice Tea-infused milk. Nothing better than waking up to the cozy smell of these freshly-baked rolls!
Harvest Salad & Vinaigrette Dressing