Spice up your breakfast! Chai lovers will enjoy this spicy, rich breakfast smoothie featuring almond butter, almond milk and black chai tea.
Bombay Chai Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 cardamom pod, or a pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Tea Forté Bombay Chai loose leaf tea
- ½ frozen banana
- 1-2 tsps almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon and 1 cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond milk, coconut milk beverage, maple syrup (or agave), cardamom and ground pepper over medium-high heat until softly boiling.
- Remove from heat, add the loose tea and steep for 4-5 minutes. Strain into a heat-proof container and chill in the refrigerator until cool, about 30 minutes. Discard the tea leaves.
- Once cooled, add the steeped tea liquid into a blender with frozen banana, almond butter and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dash of ground cinnamon if desired.
Yields: One 11 oz serving
More recipes you may enjoy