Start your day with a refreshing, caffeine-free smoothie featuring coconut milk, pineapple, mango and herbal chai tea.
Tropical Tantra Tea Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut beverage
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Tea Forté Turmeric Tantra Chai loose leaf tea
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- ½ a frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- chia seeds or shredded coconut for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut beverage, ginger, maple syrup, turmeric powder and loose tea over medium heat until softly boiling.
- Remove from heat and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a heat-proof container and chill in the refrigerator until cool, about 30 minutes. Discard the tea leaves.
- Once cooled, add the steeped tea liquid into a blender with the frozen banana, pineapple, mango and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy! Garnish with chia seeds or coconut if desired.
Yields: One 12 oz smoothie
More recipes you may enjoy