Golden Milk, or "haldi doodh", is a comforting drink of warm milk infused with turmeric and spices popular in Indian culture. Traditionally made with dairy milk, this recipe also works well with alternative milk types such as almond, coconut, cashew, or oat milk.
Turmeric Tantra Chai Golden Milk
- 1 tsp Tea Forté Turmeric Tantra Chai loose leaf tea (or 1 pyramid infuser)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp honey or Amber Tea Sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- cinnamon or turmeric powder
- Combine Turmeric Tantra Chai tea and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir often and heat until milk is steaming, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the honey or sugar until fully dissolved. If using a non-dairy milk, add coconut oil to better absorb the turmeric and for a rich, tropical flavor.
- Pour the tea liquid into a mug, removing the infuser or straining out the tea leaves (a KATI® Cup is a great choice here).
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon or turmeric powder and enjoy! For a stronger yellow color and turmeric flavor, whisk in 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, or even better, freshly grated turmeric root.
Yields: 1 serving
More recipes you may enjoy