Cinnamon, cloves and cardamom combine in this warming drink that’s perfect for the holidays.
Bombay Chai Toddy
- 1 Tea Forté Bombay Chai pyramid infuser or 2 tbsp loose tea
- 6 oz near boiling water
- 1.5 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp honey, more to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 freshly sliced lemon round
- Optional: 2 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Place the pyramid infuser in a cup, or if using loose tea, spoon the leaves into a tea press or cup with infusing basket.
- Pour 6 oz of near boiling water over the leaves and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pyramid infuser or infusing basket and pour the hot tea liquid into a serving mug or glass teacup.
- Add the whiskey, honey and lemon juice and stir until the honey has dissolved. If more sweetness is needed, add another teaspoon of honey.
- For more zing, add another teaspoon of lemon juice. Garnish with a lemon round and cinnamon sticks.
Yields: 1 cocktail
More recipes you may enjoy