Cinnamon, cloves and cardamom combine in this warming drink that’s perfect for the holidays.
Bombay Chai Toddy
- 1 Tea Forté Bombay Chai pyramid infuser or 2 tbsp loose tea
- 6 oz near boiling water
- 1.5 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp honey, more to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 freshly sliced lemon round
- Optional: 2 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Place the pyramid infuser in a cup, or if using loose tea, spoon the leaves into a tea press or cup with infusing basket.
- Pour 6 oz of near boiling water over the leaves and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pyramid infuser or infusing basket and pour the hot tea liquid into a serving mug or glass teacup.
- Add the whiskey, honey and lemon juice and stir until the honey has dissolved. If more sweetness is needed, add another teaspoon of honey.
- For more zing, add another teaspoon of lemon juice. Garnish with a lemon round and cinnamon sticks.
Yields: 1 cocktail
More recipes you may enjoy
Tea Blend Spotlight: Bombay Chai
Embrace traditional warming spices and fine black tea with the bold and flavorful Bombay Chai.
Bombay Chai Breakfast Smoothie
Spice up your breakfast! Chai lovers will enjoy this spicy, rich breakfast smoothie featuring almond butter, almond milk and black chai tea.
A warming and comforting fall latte you can make at home.