A hot cocoa recipe inspired by Alpine ski chateaus, perfect for cuddling up with on a wintery day.
Chocolate Fondue Hot Cocoa
- 10 oz oat milk (or other favorite milk)
- 3 Chocolate Fondue pyramid infusers, or 2 Single Steeps® pouches
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional garnish: fresh strawberry slice, mini marshmallows, dusting of cocoa powder
- In a small saucepan over medium, heat the milk until steaming, being careful not to scald the bottom
- Add the tea, reduce heat to low, cover and steep for 8 minutes.
- Remove the infusers after steeping and discard, reserving the infused milk. If using loose tea, strain out tea leaves with a fine mesh strainer and discard.
- Add the tea-infused milk to a blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until completely mixed and the milk is frothy.
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with your choice of garnish.
Yield: One 10 ounce serving
* If you don't have 3 pyramid infusers of Chocolate Fondue, available in our Winter Chalet Collection Presentation or Petite boxes, use 2 Chocolate Fondue loose tea pouches, available in our Winter Chalet Single Steeps® Tea Chest.
More recipes you may enjoy
An Expert Guide to Pairing Tea and Chocolate
A decadent drink (that could easily double as dessert), this martini is smooth, creamy and rich with the perfect touch of raspberry sweetness.