This timeless libation gets an upgrade with the sweet and sultry flavors of bergamot and orange.
Earl Grey Old Fashioned
- 1 pyramid infuser or 2 tbsp of Tea Forté Earl Grey tea
- 6 ounces of water, plus 2 cups
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1-2 handfuls of ice
- 1 orange peel for garnish
- For Earl Grey Tea Syrup: Steep pyramid infuser or loose tea in 6 ounces of near boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Discard infuser or tea leaves and set tea liquid aside.
- In a small sauce pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 6 teaspoons of reserved tea liquid and remove from heat.
- Add sugar and stir well to dilute.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes, then strain into a separate container.
- For the cocktail: Combine 1 teaspoon of the Earl Grey Tea Syrup, whiskey and bitters into a mixing glass half-filled with ice.
- Stir and pour into a double old fashioned glass with ice.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
Yields: 1 cocktail
More recipes you may enjoy