A twist on the classic Collins, this spicy vodka and grapefruit cocktail comes alive with a hint of vanilla tea.
Orchid Vanilla Collins
- 1 Tea Forté Orchid Vanilla infusers or 2 tablespoons loose tea
- 6 oz vodka
- 2 tablespoons near boiling water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 slices fresh jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon Aperol
- 4 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 sprig of mint
- Make the tea-infused vodka: Pour 6 oz vodka and contents of 1 pyramid infuser (or 2 tablespoons of loose tea) into a french press.
- Steep for 6 minutes or longer for more aroma.
- Press the handle down to finish the infusion.
- Make the honey syrup: Combine 2 tablespoons of near boiling water and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Stir vigorously to dilute honey.
- Make the cocktail: Place 2 jalapeño slices in a shaker and muddle.
- Pour in 2oz of the tea-infused vodka, 1 tablespoon of honey syrup, Aperol, and grapefruit juice into the shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a Collins glass full of ice. - Garnish with the remaining slice of jalapeño and mint sprig.
- Save the remaining tea-infused vodka for additional cocktails.
Yields: 1 cocktail
More recipes you may enjoy
This timeless libation gets an upgrade with the sweet and sultry flavors of bergamot and orange.
The rich taste of rooibos and a sweet dash of honey makes this whiskey sour go down smooth.
A non-alcoholic mule infused with unexpected turmeric and other rich Indian spices.