These pistachio teacakes feature freshly ground pistachios and are finished with buttercream frosting and fresh raspberry or a gummy berry for a pop of color. Pair these with a cup of Cherry Blossom tea and enjoy on a spring afternoon as the cherry blossom trees bloom.
- ½ cup finely ground unsalted pistachios
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pistachio extract (optional)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- white buttercream frosting
- fresh raspberries or gummy berries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F degrees. Grease or line 8 cupcake tins and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, sift together the ground pistachios, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, extracts and butter until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until blended.
- Evenly divide the mixture amongst the prepared cupcake tins.
- Bake until the top bounces back to touch, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from tin and let cool completely on a wire rack before frosting and decorating.
- Once cooled, top each cupcake with a dollop of buttercream frosting. Finish each with a candied berry and dust lightly with powdered sugar. Enjoy paired with a cup of Cherry Blossom tea.
Yield: 8 tea cakes
More recipes you may enjoy