Did you know you can mix Iced Tea into your summer sangria? It’s the secret ingredient to adding a subtle fruity and refreshing flavor that’ll have your guests asking for more! Batch this the night before a party or mix right before your guests arrive.
Raspberry Nectar Iced Tea Sangria
- 2 Tea Forté Tea Over Ice® Raspberry Nectar pyramid infusers*
- 24 ounces of boiling water
- 2 trays of ice
- 2 cups chilled white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 cups of fresh fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries, frozen grapes, and a few lemon slices
- simple syrup to taste
- fresh chamomile flowers, for garnish
Directions for the Iced Tea
- Add 1 Tea Over Ice Pyramid Infuser into the top pitcher of the Tea Over Ice Pitcher Set. Fill the top pitcher with boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Fill the bottom pitcher with ice.
- Once steeped, pour the hot tea over the ice in the bottom pitcher. This will result in 24 ounces of flash-chilled iced tea. Pour into a larger container and set aside.
- Make the remaining 12 ounces of iced tea needed for this recipe by repeating the process with the second Iced Tea pyramid infuser. Once prepared and flash-chilled over ice, pour half of the iced tea into the larger container for a total of 32 ounces of iced tea. Set aside the remaining 12 ounces in the refrigerator for enjoyment later!
Directions for the Sangria
- Place the rinsed fruit into large serving pitcher.
- Pour in the wine, the 32 ounces of prepared Raspberry Nectar iced tea, and simple syrup to taste. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into glasses of your choice, top with chamomile flowers and serve!
Tips: Use frozen grapes to make your sangria extra cold. Cover and store prepared sangria in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Yields: 6-8 servings