Did you know you can mix Iced Tea into your summer sangria? It’s the secret ingredient to adding a subtle fruity and refreshing flavor that’ll have your guests asking for more! Batch this the night before a party or mix right before your guests arrive.
Raspberry Nectar Iced Tea Sangria
- 2 Tea Forté Iced Raspberry Nectar pyramid infusers*
- 24 ounces of boiling water
- 2 trays of ice
- 2 cups chilled white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 cups of fresh fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries, frozen grapes, and a few lemon slices
- simple syrup to taste
- fresh chamomile flowers, for garnish
Directions for the Iced Tea
- Add 1 Tea Over Ice Pyramid infuser into the top pitcher of the Tea Over Ice Pitcher Set. Fill the top pitcher with boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
- Fill the bottom pitcher with ice.
- Pour the hot steeped tea over the ice in the bottom pitcher. This will result in 24 ounces of flash-chilled iced tea. Pour into a larger container and set aside.
- Make the remaining 12 ounces of iced tea needed for this recipe by repeating the process with the second pyramid infuser. Once prepared, pour half of the iced tea into the larger container for a total of 32 ounces, or 4 cups of iced tea. Set aside the remaining 12 ounces for enjoyment later!
Directions for the Sangria
- Place the rinsed fruit into large serving pitcher.
- Pour in the wine, 32 ounces of prepared iced tea, and simple syrup to taste. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into glasses of your choice, top with chamomile flowers and serve!
Tip: Use frozen grapes to make your sangria extra cold. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Yields: 6-8 servings
* Iced Raspberry Nectar pyramid infusers are available in a Tea Over Ice Raspberry Nectar 5pk. This blend is also within the Tea Over Ice Sampler 5pk.