Looking for a cocktail that is easy to batch for the holidays? Look no further than this seasonal daiquiri. While this classic cocktail is largely associated with summer, I always enjoy bringing in some unique flavors so I can enjoy my favorite flavor combinations through all seasons. Multiply this recipe by the number of guests at your next gathering (and then multiply again times two, because everyone will be wanting a second pour)!
Spiced Orange Tea Daiquiri
IngredientsFor the Spiced Orange Tea Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 or 3 Tea Forté Sweet Orange Spice pyramid tea infusers*
For the cocktail:
- 2 oz rum
- ½ oz orange juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- handful of ice
- 1 cinnamon stick
DirectionsFor the Spiced Orange Tea Syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add 2 or 3 Tea Forté Sweet Orange Spice pyramid tea infusers to the saucepan and simmer until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Once dissolved, then turn off the heat and steep for another 5-10 minutes, depending on the strength you would like your syrup.
- Remove the pyramid tea infusers and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to an air-tight container, and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
For the cocktail:
- Combine a 1/2 oz of the spiced tea syrup with the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour into a coupe glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Yield: One cocktail
*Sweet Orange Spice pyramid infusers are available in our limited edition Warming Joy and Winter Chalet Collection boxes.
More recipes you may enjoy
Sweet Orange Cranberry Brie Crostini
Why Tea Is a Perfect Cocktail Ingredient
A seasonal twist on cinnamon rolls, the dough features Sweet Orange Spice Tea-infused milk. Nothing better than waking up to the cozy smell of these freshly-baked rolls!