In this recipe, we wanted to show how versatile tea can be. Green tea lends itself beautifully to be infused in vinegar and can be used in a multitude of different ways. We were inspired by the subtle notes of citrus and spring flowers to create a vinaigrette perfect for a spring salad. The addition of chia seeds and tahini is a creative way to create texture in the dressing while adding healthy fats and nutrients.
Wildflower Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Tea Forté Wildflower Honey Citrus loose leaf tea
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp raw tahini
- 1/4 cup water (see note)
- 1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar and loose leaf tea in a sealed glass jar and let steep at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Once steeped, strain the tea vinegar mixture into a clean jar. Compost or discard the tea leaves.
- Combine the tea-vinegar mixture and remaining ingredients (except olive oil) into a blender and blend until the chia seeds start to break down.
- With the blender on its lowest speed, slowly add the olive oil to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Note: Adjust the amount of water to make the dressing thinner or thicker to your likeness
Yields: Approximately 2 cups of dressing
More recipes you may enjoy