A simple & classic dessert, affogato means "drowned" in Italian. Satisfy your after-dinner sweet tooth with this summery, apricot and ice cream combination.
Apricot Amaretto Affogato
- 2 1/2 cups water
- half a canister of Tea Forté Apricot Amaretto Loose Tea Leaves (1.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 fresh apricots
- half a vanilla bean, cut lengthwise and seeded
- vanilla ice cream or gelato
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea leaves. Cover and let steep until the tea is strong and dark but not bitter, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea, discarding the leaves, and add the sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- In the same saucepan, poach the apricots, tea syrup you just made, and vanilla bean over medium heat until the apricots are soft but still firm (about 7 min).
- Strain the apricots from the syrup and reserve in separate bowls. Chill both the apricots and syrup in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until cold.
- When ready to serve, spoon the chilled apricots over scoops of vanilla ice cream. Pour some of the chilled syrup on top and enjoy!
Yields: 6 servings
More recipes you may enjoy