Watch the tea transform from blue to purple right before your eyes. Ingredients like mint and ginger give the Blue Mint Nectar Tea bold flavor, while butterfly pea flower creates a color-changing reaction. This mocktail beautifully compliments the blue tea by making it even more vibrant in taste and aesthetic. Make it in front of your guests for a major pop of color and wow factor!
Blue Mint Dragon Fruit Lemonade
IngredientsFor the Blue Tea Concentrate
- 2 Tea Forté Blue Mint Nectar Tea Over Ice® pyramid infusers
- 12 oz filtered water
- 12 oz ice cubes
- 200g of frozen dragon fruit, defrosted
- 24 oz filtered water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
⅓ cup maple syrup
- 32 - 48 oz of sparkling mineral water*
- Optional garnish: fresh mint leaves, orange slices and dragon fruit
- Make the blue tea concentrate: In a small pot bring 12 oz filtered water to a boil and remove from heat. Unwrap two Blue Mint Nectar pyramids, place both into the smaller pitcher of the Tea Over Ice Pitcher Set, pour in the boiled water, and steep for 5 minutes, covered. Remove pyramids and discard. Place 12 oz of ice in the larger pitcher and pour the steeped tea over the ice to flash-chill. Once the tea is completely cooled and the ice is melted, you will be left with approximately 24 oz of blue tea concentrate.
- Make the dragon fruit lemonade: In a separate large serving pitcher, mix together the defrosted dragon fruit, filtered water, lemon juice, lime juice, and maple syrup. (This can also be made with frozen dragon fruit in a blender.)
- Pour the blue tea concentrate into the dragon fruit lemonade. Mix until fully incorporated. The color of your combined mixture will turn a vivid pink-purple.
- To serve, pour the lemonade into serving glasses and top with sparkling mineral water. If using garnish, add a mint spring, palm leaves, an orange wheel, and dragon fruit wheel to each glass and enjoy!
Yield: 6-8 servings
* Pro Tip: We love Topo Chico mineral water.
More recipes you may enjoy