Update your pb&j with homemade Blueberry Merlot tea jam. Perfect for a summer picnic or with your afternoon tea time.
Blueberry Merlot Tea Jam & Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- 2 tbsp of Tea Forté Blueberry Merlot Loose Leaf Tea, or 1 Tea Over Ice Blueberry Merlot pyramid infuser
- 12 ounces of water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- peanut butter of choice
- soft white bread slices
- Steep the loose tea or pyramid infuser in 12 ounces of near boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain and reserve the tea liquid, discard the tea leaves.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring tea liquid, sugar, and blueberries to a boil until blueberries soften and partially dissolve. Chill mixture for several hours.
- To assemble: Spread to your favorite peanut butter on one side of a slice of white bread.
- Spread the tea jam on another slice and combine to create a sandwich.
- Cut sandwich into smaller triangle finger sandwiches and serve.
Yields: 8 sandwiches
More recipes you may enjoy