Tangy and brilliantly red, this simple twist on a classic margarita is both refreshing and delicious.
Hibiscus Blossom Margarita
- 3 Tea Forté Hibiscus Blossom pyramid infusers or 5 teaspoons of loose tea
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 cup sugar (1/4 cup for a sweeter drink)
- 4 teaspoons of lime juice
- 3 ounces of Silver Tequila
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the sugar until dissolved and remove from heat.
- Add the tea and steep for 5 minutes.
- Let stand for another 10 minutes, then strain tea liquid into a separate container.
- Make the cocktail: Mix 1/2 of the tea syrup with the lime juice and tequila, then chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, serve in a margarita glass over ice and garnish with a lime slice.
Note: Remaining tea syrup can be used for additional cocktails or refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Yields: 1 cocktail
More recipes you may enjoy