Looking to shore up your immune system's reserves during cold and flu season? Herbal teas are a simple and natural elixir to calm nerves and boost defenses. Try this non-alcoholic twist on a Hot Toddy, featuring Tea Forté’s Ginger Lemongrass blend. This tea’s restorative powers come from its precise combination of ginger, lemongrass, licorice, spearmint, and lemon, each of which benefits the immune system in its own distinct way.
Ginger Lemongrass Hot Toddy
- 1 Tea Forté Ginger Lemongrass pyramid infuser*, or 1 tsp of loose tea
- 8 oz water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 sliced lemon round, sliced thin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Unwrap the pyramid infuser and place in a mug. Pour in 8 ounces of hot water and steep for 5 minutes, removing pyramid infuser when done. If using loose tea, use a tea strainer to steep, discard the tea leaves after steeping.
- Stir in brown sugar and honey until dissolved.
- Garnish with a freshly-cut lemon round and cinnamon stick.
Yields: One 8oz serving
More recipes you may enjoy