A unique take on a well-known cocktail starts with Green Mango Peach tea. This is a great recipe to make when having friends and family over, it can easily be made with our without alcohol.
Green Mango Peach Mojito
IngredientsFor tea concentrate:
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tea Forté Green Mango Peach tea pyramids, or 3 tsp of loose leaf tea
For simple syrup:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cane sugar
For chili salt:
- 1 cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup Maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
For drink assembly & garnish: (1 cocktail / 5 cocktails)
- 2 oz / 10 oz Bacardi rum
- 3 oz / 15 oz Green Mango Peach tea concentrate
- 0.5 oz / 2.5 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz / 5 oz soda water
- ½ / 3 limes, juiced
- 5 / 25 mint leaves
- 5 / 25 ice cubes
- 1 ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wheels
- fresh mint sprigs
- Make the tea concentrate: Place water in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea pyramids, cover and steep for 10 minutes. After steeping, remove the tea pyramids and discard. Place the tea in a container and chill in the refrigerator until cool, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Make the simple syrup: Using the same small sauce pot, combine the water and sugar over medium-high heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat, transfer to a container, and chill in the refrigerator until cool, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Make the chili salt: Combined all chili salt ingredients in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Adhere the salt to your serving glasses: Dip a small pastry brush into the simple syrup and brush onto the glass starting at the top, moving down and to the right. Then dip your glass into the salt, the salt will adhere where the syrup was brushed.
- Assemble the cocktails: Place mint leaves and freshly squeezed lime juice in the bottom of each glass and muddle. Add ice to your glass.
- Measure each of the cocktail ingredients into a cocktail shaker using a jigger. More soda water can be used to substitute for rum if you would like a non-alcoholic version. Shake well and pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish each drink with fresh mint sprigs, mango slices, and a lime wheel on the rim.
Note: Make each drink individually. The ingredients list shows the amounts you will need in total for either 1 or 5 drinks.
Yield: Up to 5 cocktails
More recipes you may enjoy