A flavorful margarita with hints of lemongrass and ginger, this Thai-inspired cocktail is a delightfully surprising departure from the classic margarita.
Ginger Lemongrass Margarita
- 1 Tea Forté Ginger Lemongrass pyramid infuser, or 1½ tsp of loose tea*
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce orange liquor
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime-salt-sugar
- optional garnishes: candied ginger, lime wheels
- zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Place the pyramid tea infuser into a heat-proof cup, add the hot water and steep for up to 5 minutes. Remove the pyramid tea infuser and set liquid aside for the finished cocktail. If using loose tea, scoop the tea leaves into an infusing basket, place in a heat-proof cup, add water and steep for up to 5 minutes. Strain out the tea leaves and reserve the steeped liquid.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tea, tequila, lime juice, simple syrup and orange liqueur. Cover and shake until mixed and chilled.
- In a shallow dish, combine salt and sugar. Moisten rim of a margarita glass with 1 lime wedge and dip the rim into the lime-salt-sugar mixture.
- Strain the margarita into the sugared glass. Garnish with a lime wheel, candied ginger and pyramid tea infuser if used in step one.
Yields: One cocktail
* Ginger Lemongrass pyramid infusers are available in an Event Box and within the Tea Tasting Assortment, Herbal Tea Tasting Assortment, and the Paradis Collections. Ginger Lemongrass is also available as a Loose Tea Canister.
More recipes you may enjoy