Created in collaboration with Tea Forté, Bulova, and the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, this specialty cocktail marries the simplicity of natural flavors and modernity, a nod to Frank Lloyd Wright himself.
IngredientsFor the Oolong tea concentrate
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tea Forté Oolong Créme pyramid tea infusers
- 4 oz of tea concentrate
- 4 oz cane sugar
- ¾ oz Oolong tea syrup
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz Amaro
- 1½ oz rye whiskey
- 1 egg white
- Angostura Bitters
DirectionsMake the Oolong tea concentrate
- Place the pyramid tea infusers into a mug and pour in 1 cup of near-boiling water. Let steep for 30 minutes. Remove the infusers when done steeping and discard, reserving the liquid.
Make the Oolong tea syrup
- In a small saucepot on medium heat, combine 4 oz of Oolong tea concentrate and 4 oz of sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat. Pour syrup into a container and allow to cool before use. Store the remaining tea syrup in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Make the cocktail
- Add all the cocktail ingredients into a cocktail shaker except for the Angostura bitters and ice, and dry shake for 15 seconds.
- Add ice and shake for 15 more seconds to emulsify the egg white. Double-strain the cocktail into a coupe glass and garnish with a few dashes of Angostura bitters. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 cocktail
*Oolong Créme tea is available in pyramid tea infusers within the Frank Lloyd Wright® Collection. See below for all options.
More recipes you may enjoy