Make the most of peach season with this Italian inspired Peach and Strawberry Ricotta Cake. Infused with Peach Blossom tea, this simple, one-bowl tea cake can be enjoyed as an afternoon snack or dessert. Enjoy with a cup of Peach Blossom tea and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Peach Blossom & Strawberry Ricotta Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of Tea Forté's Peach Blossom Loose Leaf Tea
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups creamy full-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled & quartered
- 1 cup peaches, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350° F degrees. Grease, flour & line a 9-inch round baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the butter & tea. Remove from heat & let stand 15 minutes to allow the tea to infuse into the melted butter. When done steeping, strain the butter into a separate bowl and discard the tea leaves.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the tea-infused butter, sugar, eggs, ricotta and vanilla until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until the batter just comes together. Fold in the strawberries and peaches, reserving a few pieces for the top.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish. Using an offset spatula, smooth the top to flatten. Sprinkle with reserved strawberries and peaches.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the center of the cake bounces back to touch. Let cool to room temperature before slicing. Serve with a cup of Peach Blossom White Tea.
Note: Refrigerate leftovers for up to 48 hours or freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 8 servings
More recipes you may enjoy