Most tea lovers are familiar with black, green, and herbal teas, but true connoisseurs know the beauty of delicate white tea as well. Though it's derived from the same general type of plant that brings us its earthier counterparts, white tea is the rarest and least processed of the popular tea varieties. It's enjoyed around the world for its smooth, elegant flavor and versatility.
Tea Forté's White Ginger Pear is a beautifully balanced white tea, featuring a refined combination of pear and ginger and additional botanical ingredients that flourish its flavor profile. Subtle but complex, it's a light, fresh take on an age-old tradition.
Beautiful White Tea
The experience of White Ginger Pear begins with its soft yellow hue and signature aroma, inviting you to take the first sip. The white tea originates from the Da Bai tea bush which is harvested in the spring. The addition of lemon balm, an herb that is a member of the mint family, contributes a clean, fresh citrus profile and is believed to have strong soothing effects and encourage relaxation. The ginger brings a spicy touch that's good for digestion, and notes of pear and licorice root bring it together. Lightly caffeinated, it both calms and enlightens, delivering a slight lift to the morning, afternoon, or evening in which it's consumed.
A Cup of Pure Enjoyment
An award winner at the 2012 North American Tea Championships, this elegant organic beverage is transportive and meditative, soothing and uplifting. Its combination of fruit, spice, flora, and a slightly citric undercurrent give it a spa-like quality, reminiscent of spending a tranquil afternoon at a world-class wellness center to relax and rejuvenate. Once the last sip is complete, just a hint of ginger lingers, reminding you to return for your next cup as soon as you wish.
For a refreshing cocktail, try this lightly sweet, tea-infused martini:
White Ginger Pear Martini
• 1 Tea Forté White Ginger Pear pyramid infuser, or 2 tsp of loose tea*
• 3 oz vodka
• ½ oz simple syrup
• ½ oz fresh lemon juice
• candied ginger and sliced pear for garnish
1. Pour the vodka into a jar, add the pyramid tea infuser and steep 2-3 minutes. Remove the pyramid tea infuser and set aside to use in the finished cocktail preparation. If using loose tea, add 2 tsp to the jar with the vodka and steep for 5 minutes. Strain out the tea leaves and discard, reserving the steeped liquid.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the tea-infused vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice. Cover and shake until well chilled.
3. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with candied ginger, sliced pear and the pyramid tea infuser from step 1.
Yield: One cocktail
Enjoy Hot or Iced
Tea Forté's White Ginger Pear blend may be enjoyed hot or iced. Add a touch of sugar or honey after steeping to highlight the pear flavor, or enjoy as-is. For some gorgeous warm-weather enjoyment, try Tea Over Ice® White Ginger Pear, specially blended and balanced for flash chilling 24 ounces of iced tea in the Tea Over Ice Pitcher Set. However you enjoy your tea, be sure to accept its invitation to sit back and enjoy some refined organic refreshment any time you choose.
White Ginger Pear pyramid infusers are available in Event Boxes. It's so popular, it can also be purchased in loose tea formats and iced tea.