A sparkling twist on a classic negroni with an elevated touch of citrus and spice.
Spiced Citrus Sparkling Negroni
- Make the Tea Syrup: Bring the water to boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the tea, cover, remove from heat to steep for 10-12 minutes. Strain and return the liquid back to pan.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, over medium-high heat. Add in the sugar and stir until it has dissolved and the mixture begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. The tea syrup can be made in 3-4 days in advance kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Make the cocktail: Fill a cocktail mixing glass halfway with ice. Add the gin, sweet vermouth and 1.5 oz of the Sweet Orange Spice Tea syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice, or add in one extra large ice cube. Strain cocktail contents into the rocks glass, and top off with sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne.
- For garnish, use an orange peel slice and twist it over the cocktail, placing the peel in the glass to serve.
Yield: 1 martini
More recipes you may enjoy
This classic cocktail of juicy summer fruits gets an elegant update with white tea.
A twist on the classic Collins, this spicy vodka and grapefruit cocktail comes alive with a hint of vanilla tea.
This timeless libation gets an upgrade with the sweet and sultry flavors of bergamot and orange.