Cool down on those warm summer days with this refreshing, low-calorie cocktail. Also makes for an excellent aperitif.
White Lillet Forté
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cane sugar, or try our Amber Tea Sugar
- 1/2 cup of purple basil*
- 2 oz of Lillet Blanc (30 ml)
- 2 oz of hot water
- 1 Tea Forté White Ginger Pear pyramid tea infuser, or 1 tsp of loose leaf tea
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 dash of lime
- ice cubes
- Garnish: a twist of lime or lemon and a sprig of rosemary
DirectionsMake the basil simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of water and the sugar over medium heat and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add the basil leaves and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the simple syrup into a container and cool before using. Discard or compost the basil leaves.
Make the tea cocktail:
- Fill a wine glass with ice and set aside to chill.
- In a teacup or mug, steep the tea with 2 ounces of hot water for 4 minutes, then remove the infuser or strain out the tea leaves. Add a few ice cubes to the steeped tea liquid and stir for 30 seconds to cool. Remove ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes, then add the Lillet Blanc, steeped tea liquid, 1/2 oz of basil simple syrup, lemon and lime juice. Shake the mixture for 20 seconds.
- Remove the ice from the wine glass and pour the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lime & rosemary sprig and enjoy!
Yields: 1 cocktail + 1 cup basil simple syrup.
Note: Remaining simple syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
More recipes you may enjoy
"The Peary Lane" Tipsy Tea Cocktail