Cool down on those warm summer days with this refreshing, low-calorie cocktail. Also makes for an excellent aperitif.
White Lillet Forté
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of purple basil*
- 2 oz of Lillet Blanc (30 ml)
- 2 oz of water
- 1 Tea Forté White Ginger Pear pyramid tea infuser (or 1 tsp of loose leaf tea)
- 1/2 oz of purple basil simple syrup (see recipe above)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 dash of lime
- ice cubes
- Garnish: a twist of lime and a sprig of rosemary
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the water and cane sugar over medium heat and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add the basil leaves and steep for 5 minutes
- Strain the syrup into a container and cool before using. Discard or compost the basil leaves.
- Make the cocktail: Fill a wine glass with ice and set aside to chill.
- Make the tea: In a teacup or mug, steep the White Ginger Pear tea with 2 ounces of hot water for 4 minutes. Remove the tea infuser (if using loose tea, strain the liquid from the tea leaves), add a few ice cubes, and stir for 30 seconds to cool. Remove ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes, then add the Lillet Blanc, tea infusion, purple basil syrup, lemon and lime juice. Shake the mixture for 20 seconds.
- Remove the ice from the wine glass and pour the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lime & rosemary sprig and enjoy!
Yields: 1 cup basil simple syrup
More recipes you may enjoy